There are currently
Department of Geography and Geology
University of Copenhagen
Øster Voldgade 10
1350 Copenhagen K
About us - Secretariat
Fom March 2007 until June 2011, DDRN had a secretariat counting 4 staff members and a number of student assistants. With the closure of the grant to DDRN by Danida, the secretariat has been downscaled to one student assistant who is working one day a week. Until the end of 2011, the secretariat will still be hosted by the Department of Geography and Geology, University of Copenhagen.
If you have any questions or news you wish to share, please contact the student assistant, Lucy Gregersen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The former DDRN secretariat staff included:
Anne Sørensen, Chief coordinator
Anne is an anthropologist and holds a Ph.D. from University of Copenhagen (thesis on agricultural development and gender relations in Kenya). She has additional training in personal and organisational leadership. Anne’s key qualifications and competences include:
- Programme management (Planning adviser in Ministry og Gender in Uganda);
- Network coordination (NETARD in Denmark);
- Human resource development and teaching (Danida preparatory courses, ministries and university);
- Development research (project on rural development and gender at DIIS);
- Impact monitoring (gender and poverty in Uganda).
Marianne Forti, Communications officer
Marianne holds a Master of Arts in International Development Studies/Education with a master thesis on organisational learning related to network processes. Marianne’s key qualifications and competences include:
- Communication and information work (NETARD, Danida coordinator of ‘NGO træf 2006’)
- Organisational learning in networks (NGOs in Uganda);
- Organisational experience from development oriented NGOs and networks;
- Project management and administration (Danida);
- Organisation of conferences and workshops (Danida and Ibis).
Lone Frederiksen, Academic secretary
Lone holds a Master of Art in Danish/English and is also fluent in French.
Lone’s key qualifications and competences include:
- Project coordination including and administration (Senegal and Gambia);
- Organisation of workshops (West Africa);
- Organisational experience from development oriented NGOs;
- Production of manuals in English and French;
- Network experience (Network for Smallholder Poultry Development);
- Professional translation.
Kris Borring Prasada Rao, Special consultant
Kris is an M.Sc in Human Geography from University of Copenhagen specialised in natural resource management (thesis on changes in the agricultural system in southern Ghana). His key qualifications include:
- Project management and implementation (DACAAR in Afghanistan);
- Livelihoods programme development and thematic advisory (Oxfam America in USA);
- Programme portfolio management and supervision (IFAD's East and Southern Africa Divison in Italy);
- Implementation support (IFAD's East and Southern Africa Divison in Italy);
- Project/programme design, appraisal, and tendering (PEMconsult a/s and Water & Power Planners a/s).